5 Years | 5 Million | 5 Themes
Safe, Sparkling, Mobile, Intelligent, Amazing
Milton Keynes Business Improvement District
MyMiltonKeynes is a business-funded partnership that gives businesses within the Central Milton Keynes area the power to get together, decide what improvements they want to make in their city centre and how they will be managed. Your funding has directly resulted in the incredible initiatives you see below.
We believe that anyone visiting or working within Central Milton Keynes should feel safe and reassured irrespective of the time of day and be able to move around the city with full confidence. Since the BID was formed, we have worked with partners and businesses across the city to create initiatives to tackle any anti-social or criminal behaviour. We are also extremely proud of our Ambassador programme who are instrumental in helping us deliver our Safe City pledge.
The BID has funded an additional Thames Valley Police Officer to exclusively patrol the BID area and tackle anti-social behaviour.
- 2,000 hours of patrolling, police presence Find out more
Business Crime Partnership
The Business Crime Partnership (BCP) has been launched to bring businesses together so they can share information about potential offenders in a safe space.
- 50 members are currently signed up to BCP Find out more
Our BID Ambassadors are the eyes and ears of the BID and work closely with Thames Valley to cross reference and share information.
- 900 incidents tackled and addressed Find out more
MyMiltonKeynes has directly funded two CCTV cameras in partnership with Milton Keynes City Council.
- BID Ambassadors integral to identifying locations for CCTV cameras Find out more
Business Continuity Plan
The BID has published a step-by-step guide to help businesses protect their premises and staff from major incidents.
- Safety and Security is a key focus of the BID Find out more
Tap to Donate
£20,000 has been raised to help the city’s homeless population through the BID’s Tap to Donate machines.
- £20,000 raised for the homeless Find out more
Funding of The Breakout Programme and The Inspiration Programme projects.
- Funding of The Breakout Programme and The Inspiration Programme projects Find out more
- The BID’s team of dedicated CMK landscapers has 4 staff who provide greening improvements
- Over 33,000 sq. metres of paving has been deep cleaned.
- Countless landscaping improvements have taken place across CMK, resulting in the removal of 2,400 tonne bags of green waste and many thousands of needles.
The BID’s landscaping team works hard to clean and clear areas across Central Milton Keynes making it a welcoming space for visitors, employees and residents.
- 8,880sqm of pruning has been undertaken Find out more
Heritage Project/Grafton Park
The Heritage Project has tackled a huge number of the city’s underpasses, maintaining them to an excellent level.
- 350 boxes of needles cleared Find out more
£177,000 of additional funding has been earned for heritage and further landscaping projects.
- £177,000 of additional funding secured for future projects Find out more
Market & Station Square
Milton Keynes Market & Station Square have been added to the areas that the BID will be improving.
- Additional 5 day a week cleansing. Find out more
Visitors to Station Square will now see 18 new seasonal planters bringing a splash of fresh colour to the area.
- 12 new seasonal flower planters installed Find out more
Pest control has always been high on the BID teams agenda, clearing the area of unwanted ‘guests.’
- Pest control continues with extensive baiting Find out more
- Free employee shuttle bus service launched, with more than 60,000 MyBus passenger journeys, enabling faster and more efficient movement around the city centre.
- The introduction of the MyBus service received national attention and was shortlisted for a National Transport award in 2019.
- The MyMiltonKeynes App was the first ever transport BID App to aid connectivity around the city centre and has been downloaded by over 8,500 CMK employees.
MyBus Free Shuttle Service
The MyBus service has continued to offer free transport for employees with 22 individual stops around the city.
- Levels of service increased Find out more
On Demand Shuttle
An on-demand option has been added to the shuttle service.
- On demand service runs between 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm Find out more
We have addressed ongoing concerns about the use of Diesel vehicles by having an all-Electric shuttle service.
- All electric vehicles added to MyBus fleet Find out more
App Location Tracking
Perfect for people who want to track the vehicle they want to jump on to.
- Live vehicle location tracking Find out more
- MyRewards, part of the MyMiltonKeynes App, provides retail, leisure and hospitality in CMK a platform to promote their offers and for BID employees’ to benefit from exclusive discounts, with over 120 rewards and 10,000 redemptions.
- MyMiltonKeynes has commissioned a number of research projects to better understand the changing behaviours and expectations of consumers, employees and sector representatives.
- The BID has played an integral role in helping MK Council better understand the needs of businesses, to shape their policies around future education and employment requirements.
MyJobs Recruitment & Retention
The BID is focussing on making Milton Keynes a competitive and aspirational place to work.
- Focus on making the city competitive and aspirational place to work Find out more
Perfect addition to the App, which employees in Central Milton Keynes can download and enjoy exclusive rewards from businesses within the BID area.
- Exclusive rewards to help support employees in Central Milton Keynes Find out more
An allyship programme has been offering training and workshops for businesses that want to improve their knowledge and understand more about the challenges facing women in business.
- Partnership with Women Leaders Find out more
The Stakeholder Development group was created to enable businesses to get together and discuss major issues affecting the area.
- Key area developers have been engaged throughout the process. Find out more
MyMiltonKeynes is actively pursuing its second accreditation from British BIDs.
- Accreditation assures levy payers that the BID is a well run and governed by local businesses Find out more
The BIDs events schedule has always been an exciting addition to the city’s activities. In 2022 we hosted the summer festival which sold out in 30 minutes and offered many family fun day events. The Christmas Light switch on was the largest ever. We also sponsored the MK Pride festival, IF: Milton Keynes International Festival, MK Business Achievement Awards, Charities such as Willen Hospice, MK SNAP and the MK SME awards.
Christmas Light Switch On
The annual Christmas Lights Switch On helps to attract around 3,000 visitors to the area.
- The annual Christmas Lights Switch On helps to attract around 3,000 visitors to the area. Find out more
A new summer version of the Milton Keynes TV advert was reshot by the BID’s production team.
- Summer version of MK advert reshot Find out more
IF: Milton Keynes International Festival
MyMiltonKeynes has been the Volunteer Partner of IF: Milton Keynes International Festival twice.
- Over 200 people pledge their time Find out more
Fashion Shows at John Lewis - MK Hospital Charity - Funds raised for Baby Leo & Chemotherapy Chairs
MyMiltonKeynes raised £3,000 for Milton Keynes Hospital Charity through its Spring and Winter Fashion Shows at John Lewis.
- £3,000 raised for Milton Keynes Hospital Charity Find out more
A long weekend of fun saw thousands celebrate the late Queen’s Platinum Jubilee and the awarding of city status to Milton Keynes.
- More than 2,500 join in the celebrations Find out more
Partnerships & Sponsorships
The BID Team enjoyed another fantastic year of sponsorships and key partnerships around our great city.
- Sponsored MKBAA and MK SME Awards Find out more